Friday, December 25, 2009

Nicholas was....

older than sin, and his beard could grow no whiter. He wanted to die.

The dwarfish natives of the Arctic caverns did not speak his language, but conversed in their own, twittering tongue, conducted incomprehensible rituals, when they were not actually working in the factories.

Once every year they forced him, sobbing and protesting, into Endless Night. During the journey he would stand near every child in the world, leave one of the dwarves' invisible gifts by its bedside. The children slept, frozen into time.

He envied Prometheus and Loki, Sisyphus and Judas. His punishment was harsher.

Ho.

Ho.

Ho.
-Smoke and Mirrors, Neil Gaiman.

I just looove Neil Gaiman's work... They're so different..

Speaking of different,
wheeeeeeee today is christmas!!
Christmas is Today!!!
haahahahhahahahhah

And since I've been pretty untalkative
in recent weeks
I am quite positive
I can waste a few extra words of inane babble here

Neil Gaiman's work is kinda eerie in a weird, warped way that is positively delightful
(delightful?? who uses this word anyway?? In daily Conversation??)

Query, why do people of all ages go into a frenzy on this midwinter festival?
What makes thousands of normally level headed and sensible adults go absolutely gaga at the sign of snowman innards and gizzards swirling above their heads?
This 'snow' is so influential that even people here in Malaysia is affected by its mysterious power.

Or maybe its because everyone is getting presents.
Stuff that are..

are..

for free


hahahha

I am a Buddhist.
I am sure, I check every morning.
And I'm celebrating the birthday of a christian religious icon?
well, syeah, you get presents on his birthday!!
hahah
kidding
no I don't celebrate it, I don't get presents nor do i set up christmas trees.
I should be wishing you all a Happy Buddhamas but that would be plain stupid
because it is not His birthday.

I agree with Terry Pratchett's theory of Why Christmas is Celebrated
Okay, after a long and dark winter,
who knows what evil tricksy things might be alurking aroond the dark corners of the world
breeding, groowin' stronger with each taste and mouthful of darkness
so they dress up the trees with sparkly lights to light up the world
scream carols at the top of their voice to scare away the evil creatures
and build snowy sentries to guard their homes.

*note the nice mythic, celtic tone of the narration*
**I made up the part about the snowman, a round of applause please people**

I like my version better :-)

Last night, while I faithfully awaited my parents' return from across the sea
( they went to mainland penang)
I went channel surfing on my faithful remote control.
I a-spied a curious show christened Barbie in a Christmas Carol.
Funny people singing and dancing while decorating trees,
dancing around with very very pricey looking breakable ornaments
hint hint
of course no shattered glass or babi in sight

and then my eye fell upon a disney movie Tinker bell
(hahahha imagine my eyeball chasing tinker bell around neverland hahahahaha, if you don't get it refer to the line above, if you still don't understand it never mind, poor soul)
and at the end this bunch of rats with glowing red eyes were upon them

Had they look sleek and cool in black
*instead of looking a musty black as if they had been buried and had dug their way out of 6 feet under*
Paired with their glowing red eyes
and their pair of pointy front teeth..
You get the idea, bestseller, hollywood, silver screen..
if you don't get the idea: you poor soul!!!

that's all
tata
don't get used to it

No comments:

Post a Comment